Cold Train Continues to Increase its Pacific Northwest Service Area and Locations Served
PORTLAND, Ore., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Cold Train is expanding its express refrigerated intermodal service from Portland, Oregon to complement its existing expedited service out of Quincy, Washington.
Cold Train's expanded eastbound service out of Portland will deliver to the same destinations and locations as it does from Quincy, WA, including:
- Connecticut – Central area, including Hartford, etc.
- Delaware – Northern area, including Wilmington, Dover, etc.
- Florida – Northern & Central areas including Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa Bay, etc.
- Georgia – Southeastern & Central areas including Atlanta, etc.
- Illinois – Northern area including Chicago, etc.
- Indiana – Northern & Central areas including Indianapolis, etc.
- Maryland – Northern area including Baltimore, etc.
- Massachusetts – Central & Eastern areas including Springfield, Boston, etc.
- Michigan – Western & Central areas.
- New Jersey – Northeastern area including Newark, etc.
- New York – Western area including Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, etc., and Southeastern area including Brooklyn, Queens and The Bronx.
- North Carolina – Central area including Charlotte, etc.
- Ohio – Various areas including Toledo, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, etc.
- Pennsylvania – Various areas including Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia, etc.
- South Carolina – Central area including Columbia, etc.
- Virginia – Southeastern area, including Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc.
- Wisconsin – Central & Southern areas, including Milwaukee, Madison, Stevens Point, etc.
Rail Logistics launched the Cold Train Express Intermodal Service in partnership with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway and the Port of Quincy in Washington State in 2010. Since the Rail Logistics Cold Train service was launched, it has grown rapidly in popularity with perishable shippers in the Pacific Northwest and the Midwest and East Coast, and eastbound shipments of fresh produce and frozen foods on the Cold Train continue to grow at a fast pace.
As a result of the increasing demand for the service, Cold Train recently tripled the size of its refrigerated container fleet and has 300 state-of-the-art 53 ft. Hyundai refrigerated containers. The expanded fleet has also allowed Cold Train to position containers in the Portland, Oregon area.
"We have had tremendous success moving fresh produce and frozen food products from Washington State and Oregon to the Midwest and East Coast following the start of our Cold Train Service in 2010. We are excited about our continued expansion into Portland and being able to provide increased capacity for fresh and frozen products moving between the Pacific Northwest, Chicago and East Coast. This will directly benefit perishable shippers, receivers and consumers in both Oregon and Washington State as well as in the Midwest and East Coast," stated Steve Lawson, President & CEO of Rail Logistics Cold Train.
Cold Train currently departs Portland, Oregon six days a week and takes approximately 4 to 5 days between Oregon and the Midwest and about 6 to 7 days between Oregon and the East Coast, similar to its eastbound service out of Quincy, Washington. Cold Train also has dray or truck service to pick-up fresh produce and other perishable or refrigerated products in and around the greater Portland area and can pick-up in many nearby locations such as Hood River, The Dalles, Beaverton, Gresham, Salem, Albany and Springfield, Oregon, and Vancouver, Longview, Chehalis, Centralia, Stevenson and White Salmon, Washington.
For more information about Cold Train's eastbound express intermodal service from Portland, contact Steve Lawson of Rail Logistics Cold Train at Email or 509-731-4734.
About Rail Logistics Cold Train
Rail Logistics, LC. is an asset-based third-party logistics firm offering turn-key rail services to industries throughout North America for both bulk and intermodal shipments since 1998. Rail Logistics provides transportation planning and optimization, supply chain logistics consulting and management, rail fleet management, railcar leasing, maintenance management, and specialized customer service. Rail Logistics has a corporate office in Overland Park, Kansas and regional operations offices in Quincy, Washington and Chicago, Illinois. Rail Logistics is also a leading provider of intermodal freight transportation for perishable cargo (i.e…fresh produce, frozen foods, etc.) via the above mentioned "Cold Train" Express Intermodal Service.