New Wi-Fi session control feature mitigates BYOD risk and further strengthens the first line of defense in your Windows network, the user login
BIARRITZ, France, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – IS Decisions, a provider of Infrastructure and Security Management software solutions for Microsoft Windows and Active Directory, today announced the general availability release of Version 7 of UserLock, its identity and access management solution. The highlight of UserLock 7 is its Wi-Fi session control capability, which enables organizations to mitigate the increasing network threats that accompany today's growing BYOD trend.
- By monitoring all Wi-Fi connections, UserLock enables IT to immediately respond to any suspicious behavior, whether it originates on a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Expanded enterprise integration through an open API allows organizations to easily utilize Windows access data with other platforms, improving overall IT security management.
- Enhancements, such as PowerShell integration, a redesigned GUI and support for all browsers, increase ease of use and enterprise value.
To see UserLock in action, check out the video here.
IT administrators spend a lot of time and effort protecting their Windows and Active Directory networks from external attacks. However, one of the greatest risks to corporate data is the insider threat — when authorized users share their login details, log on from places or during times that are not permitted, or access the network from unauthorized personal devices, such as home computers and smartphones phones. Native Windows controls neither prohibit concurrent logins nor provide workable monitoring and access intelligence.
By limiting concurrent logins and restricting user logins according to customized access policies, UserLock enables IT to mitigate insider threats and prevent password sharing, which reduces the attack surface of the Windows network infrastructure and enforces compliance with major regulations, such as SOX, FISMA and HIPAA. Some of the most security-sensitive companies in the world rely on UserLock for login control and visibility, including BAE Systems, the FBI, Lockheed Martin and the UN.
"In today's workplace, BYOD is quickly becoming the rule rather than the exception, but native Windows Server functionality does not provide adequate means to control user access from personal devices," said Francois Amigorena, President and CEO of IS Decisions. "We've designed UserLock 7 to alleviate this increased risk to corporate security by empowering IT to track, record and automatically block all inappropriate or suspicious sessions, including Wi-Fi or IIS."
New UserLock 7 features increase network access security and control
Fast to deploy and easy to use, UserLock 7 extends security and allows for simple enterprise integration. Key enhancements include:
1. Wi-Fi monitoring and control allows organizations to secure network access across all session types, including Wi-Fi/Radius or Internet Information Services (IIS). IT can immediately respond to any suspicious behavior, whether it originates on a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, which is especially important in the age of BYOD.
2. The UserLock API is now available to facilitate the integration of UserLock with other enterprise solutions. Access to the UserLock real-time stream of recorded session data offers organizations a new way to utilize user access data in other platforms (e.g., HR management applications, SIEM software, etc.) to improve overall IT security management.
3. PowerShell integration affords administrators the option to manage UserLock with PowerShell, Microsoft's task automation framework. Working within PowerShell, administrators can expedite UserLock tasks, such as automated workstation shutdown or the creation of workstation-specific accounts.
4. A redesigned GUI features intuitive tabbed navigation and at-a-glance analytics, as well as several personalization options that allow organizations to deploy and use UserLock quickly and exactly how they prefer to work. UserLock 7 can also be managed using any browser, including Internet Explorer 10 and Google Chrome.
About IS Decisions:
IS Decisions makes it easy to safeguard and secure your Microsoft Windows and Active Directory infrastructure. With solutions for user access control, file auditing, server and desktop reporting, and remote installations, IS Decisions combines the powerful security today's business world mandates with the innovative simplicity the modern user expects. Over 3,000 customers around the world rely on IS Decisions to prevent security breaches; ensure compliance with major regulations, such as SOX, FISMA and HIPAA; quickly respond to IT emergencies; and gain time and cost-savings for IT.
IS Decisions is a Microsoft Silver Partner based in Biarritz, France. Customers include BAE Systems, BMW, Computer Sciences Corporation, FBI, Frito-Lay, Lockheed Martin, Mitsubishi, Time Warner, United Nations Organization, US Department of Justice, US Department of Veterans Affairs and US Navy Marine Corps. www.isdecisions.com
Company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Media: Estera Hayes, Full Circle Communications
Email; Phone: +1 610 517 6404
Company: François Amigorena, President & CEO
Email; Phone: +3220.127.116.11.20