Kidnappers' next of kin offer untold details on infamous Italian abduction
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – The kidnapping story of oil heir J. Paul Getty III will be told from a slightly different perspective as the criminal masterminds of the plot and their families contribute their side of the story.
Infiltration Pictures owner Steve Rad and Partner Issac-Michael Freeman are set to produce the biographical picture. "We are excited to bring another viewpoint to this already incredible story," said Rad. "I want to show that every story has two sides, like real life. It's not all black and white."
J. Paul Getty III, grandson of oil tycoon Jean Paul Getty, was kidnapped at age 17 while in Rome. His Calabrian abductors demanded 17 million dollars from the billionaire family, but the Getty family did not respond to the kidnappers' first ransom note, assuming the boy had created a hoax. After the second ransom request was denied, the boy's ear arrived in an envelope sent to the family.
Getty III, who was held captive for more than four months, was found alive in December in Southern Calabria, Italy, after his family eventually paid a ransom, and the suspected kidnappers – due to lack of evidence – walked away with a fortune.
A Getty Biopic was previously slated to be developed in 2008 by Peter Berg and Film 44.
About Infiltration Pictures:
Infiltration Pictures is owned by Steve Rad and Issac-Michael Freeman. For more information about Infiltration Pictures, contact: Issac-Michael Freeman at .