LEXINGTON, Ky., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The dialogue at the first meeting of GCMA in Dublin, Ireland on February 27, 2013 affirmed the purpose and established core objectives, values and guiding principles for all parties in the alliance. The Alliance was formed by the Association for Coaching, the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, and the International Coach Federation.
The purpose of GCMA is confirmed as professionalising the industry in the field of coaching and mentoring and is further defined as expressing a shared view of the practice of professional coaching.
The core objectives for GCMA are:
- To be the collective voice of professional bodies that clarifies, educates and strengthens awareness about our common ground for effective practice
- To facilitate exchange and distribute information for all industry stakeholders about shared good practice
- To focus attention on the wider impact of coaching and mentoring on society
We agree the joint values that underpin our professional bodies cooperation are:
The guiding principles that we choose to embody are:
- Use a coach approach to our interactions
- Honour and welcome all perspectives
- Always consider what is in the interest of the profession first
- Be member and market driven in our thinking and progressive in our actions
- Engage in dialogue before decision
- Synthesize, clarify and communicate
- Remember the GCMA is an alliance of professional bodies not a body in itself.
Future discussions will decide criteria for entry to GCMA.
GCMA will meet quarterly.
Sally Johnson, +440.1983.874.610
Lise Lewis, +44.7702.859.545
ICF HEADQUARTERS CONTACT:
Lindsay Bodkin, +1.859.219.3550